1. What is the CCC Certificate or CCC Mark?
CCC means "China Compulsory Certificate", or is abbreviated as "3C".
On Dec. 2001, the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine of the People's Republic
of China, abbreviated as AQSIQ, and the Certification Accreditation Administration of the People's Republic of China announced
the compulsory product certification system, named as "China Compulsory Certification", abbreviated
as "CCC", to replace the Compulsory Supervision System for Product Safety Certification and the Safety
License System for Import Commodities. For the products required compulsory certifications by the People's Republic of China,
a catalogue, named as "First Catalogue of Products
Subject to China Compulsory Certification" was announced as well. All those products in this catalogue must
pass the certifications through the certification organizations designated by the People's Republic of China, and must not be
sold, imported and used in sales activities until achieve related certificates with certificate marks. The CCC was effective from
May 1, 2003.
2. How to know whether your product is subject to CCC certification?
Here is the "First Catalogue of
Products Subject to China Compulsory Certification (CCC)" in details. If your product is in this catalogue, you should contact
us to apply for the CCC certification. If the product name used is different from that listed in the Catalogue, please refer
to Collection of Standards for Products Subject to CCC Certification to determine whether that product is subjected to CCC certification
according to relevant applicable standards.
3. What are CCC procedures?
Here is the CCC procedures in details.
Here is the flow chart of the CCC procedures.
4. FAQs about CCC
Here are the FAQs about CCC.
5. Besides CCC certificate, some products may need other licenses as well.
- Telecommunication products may need to get Network Access License from MII.
- Radio (RF) products may need to get licenses from RMB in MII (previously SRRC).
- TV products may need to get licenses from SARFT.
- Medical devices may need to get registrations in SFDA.
- Electromechanical products may need to get import permits from electromechanical offices.
Other products not in the CCC product catalogues may need to satisfy other corresponding regulations. For example:
- Measuring instruments may need to get the Pattern Approval.
- The labelling on food/cosmetic products must comply to the Chinese GB standards.
- Batteries imported into China need to get permit from CIQ.
- Drugs, health foods and pharmaceutical packaging should comply to the regulations of SFDA.
- Agricultural seed, livestock and fish imports may need to get permits from MOA.
- Special-purposed equipments, including pressure vessel, need to get licenses from AQSIQ.
Having your products tested and certified by corresponding Chinese certificates before imported into China would facilitate your import, and therefore increase your reputation and creditability greatly among the consumers in China market. Contact us if you have any question..
6. Till Jun. 16th, 2006, only 14 Chinese certification organizations had been designated by CNCA for CCC Product
Among these 14 Chinese CCC certification organizations, CQC, which we belong to, is the largest certification
organization. All these 14 certification organizations are located in China mainland. No foreign organization has been authorized
for CCC certification.
7. Till Jun. 16th, 2006, only 136 Chinese laboratories had been designated by CNCA for CCC Product Test.
All these 136 laboratories are in China mainland and each laboratory had been designated by CNCA to undertake
certain CCC product tests. No foreign laboratory has been authorized for CCC product tests.
8. Till Jul. 30th, 2006, 22 product categories (with 159 subcategories total) have been included by CCC Product
Besides the First Product Catalogue in 2003 which includes 19 product categories with 132 subcategories, several
categories had been included by CCC Certificate after year 2003:
- Wireless Network Products (effective from 2004-1-1)
- Home Decor Products (effective from 2005-8-1)
- Safety Protection Products (effective from 2005-10-1)
- Automotive Accessories (effective from 2006-12-1)
- Toy Products (effective from 2007-6-1)
- Agricultural machines (effective from 2008-5-1)
- Information Security Products (effective from 2009-5-1)
Other products, like agricultural machines, transportation safety products, construction products, and others
related to safety are in plan to be included by CCC certificate.