According to the No. 87 Announcement, in order to enhance the imported cotton inspection and quarantine supervision and administration, prevent the trade from deceptive practices (e.g. shoddy cotton, adulteration in imported cotton, etc.), ensure the quality of imported cotton, AQSIQ decided to implement the registration administration of the oversea cotton supplier enterprises exporting cotton to China mainland in accordance with the provisions of the Law of the People's Republic of China on Import and Export Commodity Inspection and its implementation rules.
From 2008-9-15, AQSIQ starts to accept the oversea supplier enterprises' applications for registration.
1). The supplier enterprise applying for registration shall satisfy the following conditions:
1. It shall be a legitimate enterprise in its own country
2. It shall have permanent operation location and shall have a considerable operation scale;
3. It shall have relatively stable sources of supply and have quality control measures for the cargo supplied;
4. It shall have familiarity with the relative regulations and requirements of China's imported cotton inspection and quarantine;
5. It shall have no record of being involved in any serious quality problems, carrying hazardous substances and leading to severe consequence in the cotton trading business of past year.
2). When applying to AQSIQ for registration, the supplier enterprise shall submit the following written materials in Chinese or English/Chinese bilingual version:
1. Application Form for Registration of Overseas Supplier Enterprises of Imported Cotton;
2. Valid and legal business registration documents (or copies);
3. Basic documents about the production/operation and quality control of the supplier enterprise;
4. Other relevant materials required by AQSIQ.
Contact us if you have any question or want to apply for AQSIQ Registration of Overseas Supplier of Imported Cotton.